Sunday, February 18th from 10am – 1pm at the Chico Library (1108 Sherman Ave.) in preparation for PermaBlitz #3 on Saturday, April 14th!
We are gearing up for PermaBlitz #3 in April! As an introduction to permaculture and its application to PermaBlitz #3 we host 2 Pre-Blitz Gatherings, the first of which is Sunday, February 18th from 10am – 1pm at the Chico Library meeting room (1108 Sherman Ave.). This Gathering will cover…
PERMACULTURE ETHICS & PRINCIPLES:
We will discuss the Ethics and Principles of Permaculture and their practical application to the Host site for PermaBlitz #3. Interactive forums will take place between 2-3 short presentations as we move through the 12 Holmgren permaculture principles.
At this time the PB #3 permaculture design is in the site assessment phase and is being compiled by Earthshed Solutions’ certified permaculture designers and PDC graduate interns. PermaBlitz projects and activities will include, but are not limited to.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils, and cup for the POTLUCK. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can. If you do use library dishes we ask that you wash them when you are done.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
What is a PermaBlitz?
A PermaBlitz is a FREE event open to the public, where you learn new skills as it relates to permaculture, complete various projects and activities, share food, get some exercise, and have fun. You can find out more here: https://earthshed.org/permablitz/.
Attention Potential PermaBlitz Hosts! Please read through this page for more information about hosting a PermaBlitz at your property: https://earthshed.org/permablitz/permablitz-host/. This CPG Pre-PermaBlitz Gathering counts toward becoming a PermaBlitz Host.
- CSLL ‘Lettuce Get Together‘ -Tuesday, January 16th from 4:00 to 6:00pm at the Chico Branch of the Butte County Library (1108 Sherman Ave. Chico, CA). A CSLL orientation session, timely garden discussions, and seed packaging will take place.
- 9th Annual Seed Swap -Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 12-3pm at Trinity Church in downtown Chico. Interested in volunteering? Sign up online!
- Pre-PermaBlitz CPG Gathering: Permaculture Design Process Overview -Sunday, March 18th from 10am – 1pm at the Chico Library meeting room (1108 Sherman Ave).
- PermaBlitz #3!! Saturday, April 14th from 10am – 4pm (RSVP page coming soon, location provided with RSVP)
EARTH CARE – PEOPLE CARE – FAIR SHARE