Sunday, March 19th from 10am – 1pm at the Chico Library (1108 Sherman Ave.) in preparation for PermaBlitz #1 on April 9th!
PERMACULTURE DESIGN PROCESS OVERVIEW
We will have 3-4 short presentations with interactive forums in between as we move through the permaculture design process as it applies to the PermaBlitz Host site. This Gathering counts toward becoming a PermaBlitz Host.
- Goals Articulation & Base Mapping
- Site Assessment & Analysis
- WAS (Water, Access, and Structures) Design
- Zones Of Use & Sector Analysis
- Concept Mapping: we’ll show you the design for the Host site and how the designers put it all together.
What is a PermaBlitz? A PermaBlitz is a FREE event open to the public, where you learn new skills as it relates to permaculture, share food, get some exercise, and have fun. You can find out more here: https://earthshed.org/permablitz/.
Attention Potential PermaBlitz Hosts! Please read through this page for more information about hosting a PermaBlitz at your property: https://earthshed.org/permablitz/permablitz-host/. Fill out the Host Application and attend!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils, and cup for the POTLUCK. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can. If you do use library dishes we ask that you wash them when you are done.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
- CSLL ‘Lettuce Get Together’: Monday, March 20th from 4:30pm – 7pm
- Environmental Coalition Community Gathering: Friday, March 24th at 5:30pm at the Women’s Club
- PermaBlitz #1: Sunday, April 9th, 2016 from 10am – 4pm in urban Chico [RSVP page opens to the public on 3-26: https://permablitz-1.eventbrite.com/]
- Earth Day Movie Night: Friday April 21st Doors open at 6pm, Films start at 7pm
- 38th Annual Endangered Species Faire: Saturday, May 6th from 11am – 4pm at One Mile
EARTH CARE – PEOPLE CARE – FAIR SHARE