PermaBlitz #1 will be held at an urban residence in Chico, CA. The location will be provided upon RSVP confirmation.
Due to space constraints at the Host site we can only open up this event to a limited number of Participants, please be sure to RSVP as soon as possible to ensure your spot!
We will be implementing several facets of a recently completed permaculture design for the PermaBlitz Host and site. This is a fabulous opportunity to learn how a permaculture design goes from design to implementation, using the power of our community!
- Mulch pathways per design
- Inoculate an existing fruit tree bed with Garden Giant (Stropharia rugoso-annulata) edible mushroom spawn and plant guild building plants
- Build a trellis to grow Hops (Humulus lupulus) to shade greenhouse and house in summer
- Plant potatoes and other root crops in 5 gallon buckets
- Build worm bins out of plastic totes
- Trim Bay branches (Laurus nobilis), discuss its use and function
- Make refreshing Switchel, a natural electrolyte drink
Extra Projects (as time allows):
- Plant blueberries and other edible/pollinator plants
- Build a tool organizer out of a pallet & learn how to repair tools
- Build a wattle border for a garden bed out of grape vines
FREE! [You must RSVP to attend]
- LUNCH will be provided by the Host. Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements when you RSVP.
- If there is interest we can set up a carpool from Chico at the Chico Park and Ride [Highway 32 at Fir Street]. Let us know of your interest when you RSVP.
- Please leave your pets at home.
If you wish to attend and cannot RSVP online or require more information please get a hold of us directly at email@example.com.
PermaBlitzes are an education program of Earthshed Solutions. A PermaBlitz is about helping our neighborhoods become more edible and resilient one yard at a time by harnessing and building the power of community. Learn more here: https://earthshed.org/permablitz/