Earthshed Solutions presents: HOW Every Drop Counts -Solutions for Water Resilience
Sunday, October 16 from 10am – 4pm at Bywater Farm, Oroville
Eventbrite registration page: https://h2o_resilience.eventbrite.com/
Expand your toolbox for withstanding drought and learn how to make every drop of water count. This HOW (Hands On Workshop) will introduce you to various techniques you can easily implement on your property to create lasting water resilience. Resilient systems are better able to bounce back from stresses caused by long or short term changes; such as our current drought.
During this workshop, you will learn about various techniques for water retention and conservation currently in place on this 8 acre permaculture homestead. Learn skills and technologies that are designed to be effective in practice, easy to maintain, affordable, and which can be replicated on any site, at any scale.
Demonstrations and hands on learning will include:
- Living Soil – how to improve soil biological health for maximum water retention and plant health
- Rainwater Harvesting –how to collect rainwater into tanks and infiltration basins for productive food systems
- Water Reuse –how to reuse & recycle water, including greywater, for your landscape & gardens
- Irrigation –how to effectively use various irrigation methods such as ollas, wicking beds, and drip systems
Cost: $40 (not including Eventbrite fee)
- If you wish to attend and cannot register and/or pay online please get a hold if us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any payment made on the day of the workshop is $50.00 per person. We accept checks made out to ‘Earthshed Solutions’ or cash; sorry no credit cards.
What to bring:
- Paper, clipboard and pens/pencils
- Hat and sturdy shoes
- Water bottle in a non-glass container
- Your own lunch (various sun teas will be provided)
- Chair(s) or blanket for sitting
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
If there is interest we can set up a carpool from Chico at the Chico Park and Ride [Highway 32 at Fir Street]. Let us know of your interest when you register.
Please leave your pets at home.
For more information contact Stephanie at email@example.com or 530-828-6390.
“Just as water is the foundation of life it must also be the foundation of design in the built environment.” -Betsy Damon, founder of Keepers of the Waters