Sunday, September 18th
10am – 1pm
Chico Branch Library (1108 Sherman Ave.) in Chico
Always FREE and open to the public
Water Harvesting in a Mediterranean Climate
NOTE: Participants who attend this Gathering will receive a promotional code for $10 off the October Hands On Workshop ‘HOW EVERY DROP COUNTS Solutions for Water Resilience’ Sunday, October 16 from 10am to 3pm in Oroville. Register here: https://h2o_resilience.eventbrite.com/
We will have 4 short presentations with an open forum in between as we explore how to create water resilient landscapes with diverse soil biology, water harvesting techniques and creative irrigation that is specifically suited to our unique climate.
- Local water, drought and our Mediterranean climate
- How water harvesting can rehydrate landscapes
- Increasing soil biology for optimum water retention
- Rainwater harvesting including collection from rooftops into tanks and earthworks
- Water reuse, including greywater, and local code
- Irrigation methods including drip systems, ollas and more
POTLUCK / SHARE THE SURPLUS SWAP:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils and cup for the POTLUCK. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can. If you do use library dishes we ask that you wash them when you are done.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
- CSLL ‘Lettuce Get Together’ Tuesday, September 13th from 4:30pm – 7:00pm at the Chico branch library meeting room.
- ‘HOW EVERY DROP COUNTS Solutions for Water Resilience’ (Hands On Workshop) Sunday, October 16 from 10am – 3pm at Bywater Farm. Register here: https://h2o_resilience.eventbrite.com/
- 3rd Annual CPG Picnic Sunday, November 6th from 12pm – 3pm at Stephanie & Brian’s house. RSVP here: https://cpg-3rd-picnic.eventbrite.com
EARTH CARE – PEOPLE CARE – FAIR SHARE
The Chico Permaculture Guild (CPG) is an education program of Earthshed Solutions, a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in July 2015 by actively engaged CPG members.
CPG Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicopermacultureguild/
CPG website: https://chicopermaculture.wordpress.com/
Earthshed Solutions website: http://earthshed.org/