MAY 15th, 2016 from 10am to 1pm at the Chico Branch Library (1108 Sherman Ave. Chico)
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1067540999958982/
Greywater Systems in California
This month we’ll explore common greywater systems with an emphasis on Laundry to Landscape (L2L) systems.
Greywater -water reused from sinks, showers, and washing machines- can significantly reduce your outdoor water consumption. Greywater systems are especially important in times of drought; California is still in a drought!
Come learn about:
- Common greywater systems (like laundry to landscape and branched drain systems)
- Water saving potential of greywater
- 12 best practices
- Design and cost considerations
- Permits and regulations in California
- Health and safety
- Soaps and products
You’ll also explore a Laundry to Landscape (L2L) system “mock-up” with real greywater parts as well as get more information about our upcoming ‘HOW: Laundry to Landscape Greywater Installation‘ happening June 12th from 10am-4pm at Bywater Farm in Oroville, CA.
PARTICIPANTS WHO ATTEND THIS MAY GATHERING WILL RECEIVE A PROMOTIONAL CODE FOR $10 OFF THE INSTALLATION WORKSHOP.
POTLUCK / SHARE THE SURPLUS SWAP:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils and cup for the POTLUCK. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can. If you do use library dishes we ask that you wash them when you are done.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
- 37th Annual Endangered Species Faire (Butte Environmental Council community event) -Saturday, May 7th from 11am – 4pm at One Mile Picnic Area in Lower Bidwell Park. Earthshed Solutions will have a booth! More info: http://www.becnet.org/endangered-species-faire
- CSLL ‘Lettuce Get Together’ -Tuesday, May 10th from 4:30-7:30pm in the Chico branch library meeting room. More info: http://chicoseedlendinglibrary.org/
- HOW: ‘Laundry to Landscape Greywater System Installation’ -Sunday, June 12th from 10am-4pm at Bywater Farm in Oroville. Details and registration page here: https://how-l2l-install.eventbrite.com/
CPG Gatherings are BI-MONTHLY (with summers off). You can view more information and the whole year’s schedule here.
The Chico Permaculture Guild (CPG) is an education program of Earthshed Solutions, a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in July 2015 by actively engaged CPG members.
EARTH CARE – PEOPLE CARE – FAIR SHARE
CPG Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicopermacultureguild/
CPG website: https://chicopermaculture.wordpress.com/
Earthshed Solutions website: http://earthshed.org/