CPG Gatherings are BI-MONTHLY (with summers off). You can view more information and the whole year’s schedule here.
MARCH 20, 2016 from 10am to 1pm at the Chico Branch Library (1108 Sherman Ave. Chico)
**PERMACULTURE DESIGN PROCESS OVERVIEW** We are continuing our cycle of educational topics focusing this month on an overview of the Permaculture Design process including:
- Site Analysis: Explore observation, sector analysis and pattern recognition for a productive site study.
- WAS Design: Understand how Water, Access and Structures interconnect on your property and how you can maximize water efficiency. We’ll do a Q&A session for water harvesting.
- Zones of Use: Learn about permaculture zones and how to how to map them out. We’ll do a ‘Design Zone 1’ activity.
POTLUCK / SHARE THE SURPLUS SWAP:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils and cup for the POTLUCK. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can. If you do use library dishes we ask that you wash them when you are done.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
- ‘Lettuce Get Together’ with the Chico Seed Lending Library! Tuesday, March 8th from 4:30 – 7:30pm at the Chico Library meeting room. Seed library orientation, beginner seed crop discussions and more! FB event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/826082474185543/
- 1078 Gallery Exhibition (Chico Seed Lending Library is a participant) Come learn how to make Seed Balls! Tuesday, March 15th from 6-8pm. More info here: http://www.1078gallery.org/my-witness-is-the-empty-sky.html
- Environmental Coalition of Butte County Gathering: Friday, March 25th from 5:30-8pm at the Women’s Club. More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/215192948835342/
- ‘Energy Efficient Design’ HOW (Hands On Workshop) with Earthshed Solutions: Sunday, April 10th from 10am – 3pm at Frog and Toad Farm. Register here: https://how-energyefficientdesign.eventbrite.com/
2016 CPG GATHERING SCHEDULE: (Please note Gatherings are now bi-monthly with summers off)
ALL Gatherings are held at the Chico Branch Library (1108 Sherman Ave. Chico) from 10am – 1pm. Gatherings are FREE 1-2 hour interactive lectures with open discussions about the specific monthly topic.
January 24, 2016 – Permaculture Ethics, Principles, Setting Goals and Base Maps
March 20, 2016 – Permaculture Design Process Overview
May 15, 2016 – Soil Food Web and Actively Aerated Compost
September 18, 2016 – Water Harvesting in a Mediterranean Climate
November 20, 2016 – Polycultures, Plants Guilds and Forest Gardens
EARTH CARE – PEOPLE CARE – FAIR SHARE
CPG Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicopermacultureguild/
CPG website: https://chicopermaculture.wordpress.com/
The Chico Permaculture Guild (CPG) is an education program of Earthshed Solutions, a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in July 2015 by actively engaged CPG members.