This is the Chico Permaculture Guilds FIFTH and FINAL workshop of the year. The workshop will take place Sunday, October 11th from 10am to 4pm in Oroville, CA. Please RSVP to attend this workshop by following this link.
In this unique workshop we will explore various land restoration techniques including erosion control and water retention methods to reinvigorate a sloping 4 acre site in Oroville, CA.
This workshop will cover:
- What land restoration is and why it’s important
- Why including erosion control and water retention strategies will allow the restorative process to be more effective
- How the strategies are accomplished using both heavy equipment and simple tools
- How to manage the land after these installations
A wide range of materials: logs, branches, mulch, straw, and wattle will be used. You will see what equipment is used and how to place the material on contour, dig a swale, and cut contour land rips to slow, spread and sink rainwater.
The combination of these techniques and materials are all designed to retain water, rehydrate the landscape and heal land that has been compacted by over grazing for the last century as well as recently experiencing a grass fire.
The curriculum includes a lecture along with hands on practices and a demonstration of some completed elements for you to see up close.
Full event information and registration page here: https://cpghow-land-restore.eventbrite.com/
What to bring:
- Paper, pens/pencils and clipboard for taking notes
- Hat, gloves and sturdy closed toe shoes
- Water bottle (preferably not glass)
- This is a POTLUCK so please bring a dish to share and your own utensils, plate and a cup
- Chair to sit in
- What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? If there is interest we can set up a carpool from Chico to Oroville at the Chico Park and Ride [Highway 32 at Fir Street]. Let us know of your interest when you RSVP.
- Please leave your pets at home
Workshop Cost: Suggested donation is $40, no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Please contact Stephanie Ladwig-Cooper with any questions at 530-828-6390 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full event information and registration page here: https://cpghow-land-restore.eventbrite.com/
** Earthshed Solutions (Chico Permaculture Guild is now a program of this organization) will be holding more classes and workshops in 2016. Contact Stephanie to get on the email list to stay updated on courses as they become available and to learn about how to become a member for a reduced cost on classes and workshops.