SUNDAY, MAY 17th from 1-4pm at the Chico Library meeting room (1108 Sherman Ave. Chico)
CPG EDUCATION: (Always free and open to the public)
TECHNIQUES & STRATEGIES #1: Water Harvesting in a Mediterranean Climate
We’ve focused the last few months learning about the permaculture design process and some of the methods involved in creating a regenerative design, now we explore specific techniques and strategies for design implementation.
- Water, drought and our local climate
- How water harvesting techniques have the potential to rehydrate landscapes
- Water harvesting systems including tank collection from rooftops and different types of earthworks
- 2 different methods for calculating the volume of rainwater harvested from rooftops and other surfaces
- Laundry to landscape greywater systems and local code
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils and cup for the POTLUCK. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can. If you do use library dishes we ask that you wash them when you are done.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
- The CPG monthly gathering schedule has changed!! Review the new schedule.
- CPG Hands-On Workshop: ‘Rooftop Rainwater Harvesting System Installation’ -Sunday, May 24th from 11am-3pm at Brian and Stephanie’s property in north Chico. RSVP here: https://cpg-h-ow-rooftop-rhs-install.eventbrite.com/
- CSLL ‘Lettuce Get Together’ June 9th from 5:30-7:30pm 5:30-7:30 at the Chico branch library meeting room.
CPG Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicopermacultureguild/
CPG website: https://chicopermaculture.wordpress.com/