Saturday, April 19th 1-4pm in the meeting room of the Chico Library (1108 Sherman Ave). For more information contact Stephanie at email@example.com or 530-828-6390
What’s Happening in April?
CPG EDUCATION: (Always free and open to the public)
We will be presenting a talk on rainwater harvesting with a focus on EARTHWORKS. Learn how storing water in the soil and rehydrating landscapes is one of the most important things we can do for generations to come.
- 6 components to an effective rainwater harvesting system
- 2 different methods of calculating the volume of rainwater off rooftops and other impervious surfaces (eg. roads)
- Different types of earthworks, when and how to use them
We will also show a simple ‘rainwater harvesting benefits’ demonstration outside the library as well.
- CPG Mapping Short Course April 6th 12-2pm.
- CSLL ‘Lettuce Get Together’ April 8th and 22nd from 5-7pm near the CSLL area in the Chico Library. You can view all the upcoming work parties on the CSLL Calendar here: https://chicoseedlendinglibrary.wordpress.com/csll-calendar/
- Seed Saving Series Workshop #4 through Cultivating Community! The fourth in a series of 6 workshops is on April 26th from 2-4pm at the Chico Grange seed saving garden; it’s all about transplanting warm season crops. To attend the workshop(s) you can register at http://cultivatingcommunitynv.org/
- Endangered Species Faire, May 3rd at One Mile. The CPG will have a table again this year to help spread permaculture information within our community. We plan to make seed balls again as an activity (that was warmly received last year!).
- International Permaculture Day event planning. IPD is a global event May 4th, 2014 celebrating permaculture around the world. Last year we held a tour… what shall we do this year?
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils and cup for the POTLUCK –beverages will be provided. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
EARTH CARE – PEOPLE CARE – FAIR SHARE
CPG Facebook April Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/227857450752195/
CPG Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicopermacultureguild/
DECEMBER: we discussed the importance of setting achievable goals (SMART Goals)
JANUARY: we discussed how to create and analyze maps of your property using Google Earth, the Butte County GIS software and the NRCS Web Soil Survey
FEBRUARY: we discussed how water, access and structures (W-A-S) are interrelated and how they function for greatest abundance and land health.
MARCH: we discussed zone and sector analysis and mapping.