Welcome to (almost) Springtime! Our March gathering is just around the corner and one day before the 5th Annual Spring Seed Swap. We hope you’ll join us for a weekend of permaculture education and seed swapping!
Saturday, March 15th from 1-4pm at the Chico Branch Library meeting room, 1108 Sherman Ave. Chico
CPG EDUCATION -MARCH:
Permaculture design concepts: For our last winter month we will help members finalize their understanding of the permaculture design process. Bring maps of your property if you have them, even a quick sketch is great! We will spend approx. 45 minutes on this topic.
The focus of this month (March) will be on sector analysis and understanding permaculture zones on your property and how to overlay them on your maps. This is a final piece we will cover that really completes the permaculture design process that we have been covering the last few winter months.
Past educational gatherings (for those that did not make some of these let me know and I can get you the handouts via e-mail):
- DECEMBER: we discussed the importance of setting achievable goals (SMART Goals)
- JANUARY: we discussed how to create and analyze maps of your property using Google Earth, the Butte County GIS software and the NRCS Web Soil Survey
- FEBRUARY: we discussed how water, access and structures (W-A-S) are interrelated and how they function for greatest abundance and land health.
- CSLL ‘Lettuce Get Together’ March 11th from 5-7pm near the CSLL area in the Chico Library. You can view all the upcoming work parties on the CSLL Calendar here: https://chicoseedlendinglibrary.wordpress.com/csll-calendar/
- 5th Annual Spring Seed Swap! March 16th, 2014 from 2-6pm at the Chico Grange Hall. We need volunteers! We’ll talk about this more at the gathering. Join the FB event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/692876987400431/
- A spring weekends only Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course is happening through Practical Permaculture in the Grass Valley area (only an hour away)! More info here: http://tinyurl.com/Spring2014PDC
- Seed Saving Series Workshop #3 through Cultivating Community! The third in a series of 6 workshops is on March 22 from 2-4pm at Heartseed Farm; it’s all about seeding warm season crops. To attend the workshop(s) you can register at http://cultivatingcommunitynv.org/
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils and cup for the POTLUCK –beverages will be provided. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
CPG Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicopermacultureguild/