Saturday, February 15th from 1-4pm, Chico Branch of the Butte County Library (1108 Sherman Ave.)
What’s Happening this Month:
Permaculture design concepts: Over the last few winter months we will help members understand the permaculture design process. Bring maps of your property if you have them, even a quick sketch is great! We will spend approx. 45 minutes during each gathering (through March 2014) on this topic.
The focus of this month (February) will be on learning about the importance of W-A-S design. Site assessment and analysis will be covered through the lens of how water, access and structures (W-A-S) are interrelated and how they function for greatest abundance and land health.
- MARCH: drawing the different types of design overlays that really complete the permaculture design process (sectors, zones, etc.).
[DECEMBER: we discussed the importance of setting achievable goals (SMART Goals) -This was a great gathering, for those that did not make it let me know and I can get you the handouts via e-mail!]
[JANUARY: we discussed how to create and analyze maps of your property using Google Earth, the Butte County GIS software and the NRCS Web Soil Survey]
- Seed Saving Series Workshop #2 through Cultivating Community! The second in a series of 6 workshops is on February 22 from 2-4pm at the Chico Grange Hall; it’s all about transplanting cold season crops into the on-site seed garden. To attend the workshop(s) you can register at http://cultivatingcommunitynv.org/
- A spring weekends only Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course is happening through Practical Permaculture in the Grass Valley area (only an hour away)! More info here: http://tinyurl.com/Spring2014PDC
- 5th Annual Spring Seed Swap! March 16th, 2014 from 2-6pm at the Chico Grange Hall. We need volunteers! We’ll talk about this more at the gathering. Join the FB event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/692876987400431/
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring a small dish to share as well as your own dishes, utensils and cup for the POTLUCK –beverages will be provided. There are limited dishes available in the library so please remember to bring your own if you can.
- If you have anything in SURPLUS (vegetables, home preserved food, eggs, fruit, seed, plant starts etc.) please bring it along and we’ll ‘Share the Surplus’ after the Potluck.
Join our Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicopermacultureguild/
EARTH CARE – PEOPLE CARE – FAIR SHARE